Friday, August 2, 2013

Visitors Take: Air Force member!

During the Go'N Postal Event in June I was able to invite someone who served in the Air Force. For privacy reason I will not share how and where I know this individual, but I was able to catch him between assignments.

Q. What is your title and job in the Military? (if you wish to answer)

A. USAF Security Forces

Q. How long has it been since you played paintball?

A. It has been approximately 10 years.

Q. How has the sport changed since you last played?

A. There are two changes there were the most obvious. First is the change from CO2 to just compressed regular air. Second is the advances in the technology for the paintball gun, including the changes to fully automatic weapons and hopper advances.

Q. How does it compare to your world? Good or Bad?

A. It does not really compare with military training because it is a game versus training for the real world. In a game you can take chances that you would not take in the real world because the ramification are different.

Q. Di you have fun and what was fun or not fun about it?

A. It was absolutely a blast to get a chance to play paintball again and see how the sport has evolved over the years I have been away.

Q. Did you like the field? Why or why not?

A. The field was good. I would have liked a larger field with longer game times better but overall the filed was well setup.

Q. Will you be picking up paintball again or just go on occasion?

A. I will play when fields are located in my local area.

Q. Final thoughts either paintball related or having nothing to do with paintball for my readers?

A. The sport has changed a lot over the years. Ten years ago most people played with either a pump gun with same CO2 containers and straight paint tubes and semi autos where the new thing and limited to three balls in the air at a time. The increase in speed ball changed all this and I was never a fan of spray and pray speed ball although I do recognize how that style of game did help expand the sport. I am excited to see how the evolution of play with the addition of magazine operated guns may bring back some of the strategy style of game play that I enjoy the most.

I'm sure this goes without saying but a big thank you to our military friend and to all of our military in general for thier service to our country. God Bless and come home safe!

"Let's Burn it Up"
-Fenix

No comments:

Post a Comment